Explore the history of typography and develop a cross-cultural outlook important to understanding the future of typography.
- Examine typography's rich history, the evolution of type in Northern Italy and how those practices influence American typography today.
- Visit typographic museums, hear from guest speakers and participate in hands-on activities.
- Visit Fabrica, a communication and design research center in Treviso and explore Tipoteca, a museum devoted to preserve and display the heritage of Italian typefaces and letterpress printing.
IDEA 300: Typography & Culture in Northern Italy
Open to all undergraduate students. No pre-requisites. May count towards an artistic perspective. 3rd year status and above preferred.
• Location: Venice, Bologna, Parma and Treviso, Italy
• Travel dates: 5/15/19 - 5/28/19
Application deadline: February 4, 2019
Program Cost: A compete student budget worksheet for the summer 2019 program can be found here. Students should take a copy of this worksheet to their financial aid advisor early in the application process to determine how their aid may apply to the program cost.
1) View this short video to understand all the application steps - Faculty-Led Programs: Student Application Steps
2) Use the Faculty-Led Study Abroad Program Checklist to make sure you are completing all the application steps.
3) Start an application in the Compass.
RIT Students Only