TOO FEW STUDENTS IN THE CITY OF ROCHESTER GRADUATE. LET'S CHANGE THAT.
Students in the city of Rochester face a lot of challenges on the road to graduation. But RIT GEAR UP is helping to change that, and so can you.
RIT GEAR UP works within our city’s schools to provide opportunities and training for today’s sophomores that will prepare them for graduation and whatever comes next. If we can start by improving the graduation rate of even one class, then we can help to make Rochester a better community for all of us.
How does GEAR UP work?
- Each student is matched with one of our on-site coordinators who helps them find the right academic and social support (i.e., tutoring in math, science, English, SATs).
- In the summer, students can attend camps to help retain and build on their knowledge from the year.
- Some of these students will be the first in their family to go on to higher education, or even graduate from high school. To make the big jump from high school to what’s next, we have college and career readiness workshops.
What can I do to help?
Donate your time.
Current volunteers will come speak with our students about their careers, give them a tour of their workplaces, and more to show how exciting life after high school can be.
Donate your services.
Printing shops, advertising agencies, academic groups, community organizations, restaurants, and other businesses have given their in-kind services for our cause.
Contact Donna Burnette at Donna.Burnette@rit.edu to learn how you can make a difference.
Already a partner?
Fill out this form to document your donation.
Our partners who help us forge ahead.
- Ibero American Action League, Inc.
- Rochester Education Foundation
- RIT K-12 University Center
- RIT Women in Computing