The New York State Pollution Prevention Institute (NYSP2I) at Rochester Institute of Technology celebrated a decade of creating sustainable solutions for New York State businesses and communities at three recent events in Rochester, Albany and New York City. The celebrations highlighted the economic, environmental and social impacts NYSP2I has made across all areas of the state.
NYSP2I’s impacts have been far-reaching, including:
• More than 300 assistance projects working with companies and communities.
• More than 60 companies receiving assistance through its green Initiative, supporting the potential to create nearly 200 jobs.
• $1.5 million in support of projects through NYSP2I’s Community Grants Program.
• More than $2.5 million to fund 35 research and development projects.
• Millions of pounds of reductions in non-hazardous and hazardous materials; air emissions; energy usage in electricity and natural gas; water usage; and wastewater discharge.
Please see this RIT press release for more information.