Three Key Elements to Successful Course Level Assessment:
- Establishing student learning outcomes and objectives for the course
- Measuring whether these outcomes have been met
- Using the results to improve teaching and learning in the course
Key Questions for Developing Course Level Assessment
- How do I define student learning outcomes and objectives that are meaningful and measurable?
- How do I align program goals and student learning outcomes to course syllabi?
- How do I determine what assessment methods I already use? How can I improve my methods?
- How can I be more deliberate and transparent about the assessment in my courses?
- How can I use the data to improve curriculum, instruction, and assessment?
Assessing Student Learning Outcomes in an Online Environment
Assessing student learning in an online environment can present unique challenges; however, with planning and appropriate assessment methods, online learning environments can provide both rich and meaningful academic experiences. Consult our On-Line Assessment Resources to identify best practices, tips, and resources to consider when planning your online learning assessments.