All degrees offered by the School of Individualized Study can all be completed entirely online and are customized by the student in partnership with SOIS advisors and faculty. Any past academic and/or professional training and experience is evaluated by SOIS advisors for transfer credit opportunties towards the online AAS and BS degrees.
The online BS degree in applied arts and science is a total of 120 semester hours and it's customizable nature allows for unique methods of credit completion including credit by experience, CLEP exams, independent study, and experiential learning opportunities.
RIT offers close to 300 unique online courses for undergraduate and graduate students to choose from. For a full listing of RIT online undergraduate courses and disciplines, visit RIT Online
Examples* of undergraduate online professional concentrations include:
- Organizational Change (CMDS - discipline code)
- Leadership (CMDS)
- Health Systems Administration
- Quality Management (QLTM)
- Technical Communications (TCOM)
- Web & Digital Design (ISTE)
- Packaging Science (PACK)
- Liberal Arts areas of study such as Communications, Psychology, Sociology, Literature, Womans Studies.
*Offerings can vary by term and content. A SOIS advisor will work with you to confirm the most update-to-date offerings as you design your degree.
Benefits of taking an online class include:
- Updating your skills with virtually no interruption to your career or personal commitments.
- Taking advantage of the flexible format to tailor a program to your individual needs or schedule.
- Study where you’re most comfortable and when you’re most productive.
- Becoming part of a diverse community of learners and meet students from around the world.
- Working with interactive technologies that offer threaded discussions and the option for real-time chat sessions to enhance your learning experience.
- Accessing extensive technical support and academic advising.
- Receiving a quality education without ever needing to set foot on campus.