Magna Mentor Commons
Teaching and Learning Services is hosting group viewings and discussions of Magna Mentor videos throughout the Spring semester.
See our Events Calendar for details.
20-Minute Mentor Commons offers on-demand versions of all of their popular 20-Minute Mentor programs, covering a variety of faculty development topics. TLS has purchased a group subscription that allows RIT faculty and staff unlimited access to Magna's 20-Minute Mentor Commons.
There are two ways to access the subscription:
To access the subscription from campus, on RIT's network:
Go to www.magnapubs.com/group to view our active subscription.
- There is no need to create an account or log in when accessing the subscription on campus.
To access the subscription from an off-campus computer:
The RIT license to the 20-Minute Mentor videos is actually a subscription that you access from within your Magna Account.
Follow these two steps to create your Magna Account, and thereafter, find the video subscription in your account details.
1. Activate your group subscription access:
- Go to www.magnapubs.com/sitelicense/registration.html?v=rit0316
- Enter information in each of the required fields. Click here for the Authorization Code (RIT login required).
- Click Submit
2. Access the group subscription:
- Go to www.magnapubs.com/profile. Enter your email address & password and click Submit.
If you do not know or remember your account password, use Forgot your password? to reset it.
- On the left side of the screen, under My Account > My Online Access, select Subscriptions.
The online content you have access to will be listed to the right.
- Click the appropriate link to view the content.
Access to 20 Minute Mentor Commons is also available to registered members at www.mentorcommons.com.
Need help? Contact Magna Customer Support
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (anytime)
- Call 800-433-0499 ext. 2, or 608-246-3590 ext. 2, (9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern).