Teaching and Learning Services is a champion of effective teaching by faculty across the Institute.
TLS supports faculty in gaining greater expertise in the intersections between Pedagogy, Technology, and Content Knowledge.
TLS helps RIT faculty to:
- Engage in reflective practices about teaching and learning
- Establish and strengthen relationships with colleagues across disciplines, colleges, and ranks
- Make pedagogical choices based on evidence from literature and/or one's own teaching practice
- Effectively manage a learning environment, whether physical or virtual
- Use instructional technology and/or multimedia to support student learning
- Create assignments and/or courses that support higher-level learning