Our experts will work with your company to identify opportunities for your company to be more competitively positioned as an environmentally-conscious business and supplier. Our customers gain hands-on knowledge for responding to customer requests for supplier “transparency” and “traceability” scorecards/questionnaires and receive detailed recommendations on how to implement, track and verify sustainability requirements. See our past supply chain workshops for examples of training we can provide.
Typical projects with NYS companies can involve one or more of the following:
- Supply chain assessments
- Frameworks for sustainable supply chain management systems
- Sustainable sourcing & procurement policies, monitoring, capacity building and integration into existing business processes & operations
- Product lifecycle analysis
- Employee training
- Supplier tracking, documentation and sustainability metrics
- Preparation/readiness for third-party certifications – Ecolabels, ISO 14001 (environmental), ISO 5001 (energy) and USDA Organic
Anywhere from 50 to 90 percent of the cost of the assistance project is funded by NYS to help offset your costs associated with become a sustainable supplier or sustainable buyer.
For participants in the New York Green Business Program, the state will cover the entire project cost.