The Food Waste Reduction and Diversion Reimbursement Program is an innovative partnership between New York State and Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) focused on incentivizing the reduction of food waste in the state. The program provides reimbursement to New York State businesses, municipalities, or not-for-profits that generate large amounts of food waste to offset the cost of select technologies and equipment that promise to reduce or divert that food waste from landfill or incineration.
Applications for grant funding are now being accepted. Please note that this is a rolling application.
Eligible projects must meet the following criteria:
- Will divert food waste from landfill or incineration through the use of equipment or technologies
- Are led by New York State businesses, municipalities, or not-for-profits producing greater than one ton of food waste per week
- Implemented after June 1, 2017
Reimbursement will cover:
- The purchase and installation of eligible equipment and technologies
- Up to 44% of eligible project costs, for a maximum award of $100,000, upon proof of waste reduction goal acheivement
Fill out the form below to learn more and to see if you qualify. For more information about how you can address food waste, visit our website.