What does my business need?
- Reference the Waste Management, Composting, and Recycling Permits Regulations Overview page for Solid Waste Processors. Certain solid waste is considered exempt depending on the type, amounts, and compositions.
- Utilize flowcharts for Anaerobic Digesters and Composters.
- Food waste can be considered Beneficial Use Determinations (BUDs) which allows certain solid wastes to be classified as beneficial and not waste. For more details please review the DEC BUD page.
- Waste processor permits generally require blueprints, maps, plans, environmental assessments, inspection reports, bonding, project description, public notice and public hearings.
- For more details please contact your Regional Materials Manager.
- Processors will have assistance from Regional Staff including Regional Matetrials Management Engineer and Regional Permit Administrators. Process generally includes the following:
- Pre-application meetings which will detail the application procedure and project requirements.
- Referrals to DEC regulations and policies in order to prepare for pre-application meetings.
- Tollgate reviews throughout process and project.