Sustainable manufacturing is a win-win for New York State.
Why? Manufacturers that incorporate sustainability into how they work are more efficient and productive while minimizing their impact on the environment. The New York State Pollution Prevention Institute (NYSP2I) works with companies large and small to realize the long-term benefits of sustainable manufacturing.
Why it matters?
- Manufacturers are under increasing public and political pressure to reduce their impact on the environment.
- Customers increasingly consider sustainable practices as part of their purchasing choices.
- Studies have shown that early-stage design decisions are responsible for most of a product’s environmental impact.
Who is eligible?
NYSP2I’s sustainable-manufacturing assessment services are available to any business that is registered with New York State.
What do we do?
NYSP2I gives New York State manufacturers the insights and resources they need to become sustainable through cost-effective solutions. Our goal is to provide practical, step-by-step guidance to our clients as they transition to sustainable manufacturing.
How much does it cost?
Funding from New York State is available for each project, and can cover 50–90% of the total costs associated with becoming market ready.
What services do we offer?
- sustainable manufacturing process assessment
- cost-effective, sustainable solutions to common problems
- energy and resource efficiency strategy development
- product design recommendations
Why work with us?
Save money: A sustainable-manufacturing assessment can reveal cost-saving opportunities by highlighting process inefficiencies and areas where resources could be better allocated.
Make smart decisions: Our goal is to enable manufacturers to become more productive and efficient so that they are able to make smarter, more informed business and design decisions.
Get lean: The guidance we offer can form the foundation for applying the principles of Lean Six Sigma to an operation.