New York State aims to source 50% of its electricity from renewable energy by 2030—we’re partnering with the innovators and entrepreneurs who will make that happen.
The New York State Pollution Prevention Institute (NYSP2I) gives the startups and established companies that are building a sustainable future the technical validation services they need to take their innovations to market with confidence.
Why it matters
- Breakthrough innovations don’t happen overnight.
- Startups working to develop sustainable solutions face incredible challenges to becoming market viable—U.S. venture capital investments dropped from $4.3 billion in 2011 to $1.3 billion in 2015.
- Mature manufacturers and other companies seeking to implement sustainable technologies and processes often struggle to make a strong business case for doing so, whether for lack of technical expertise or capital.
Who is eligible
NYSP2I’s technology commercialization services are available to startups and businesses of all sizes that are registered with New York State.
What do we do
NYSP2I partners with startups and established companies to develop, validate, and accelerate innovations in the sustainability sphere.
Our goal is to give the businesses that are developing tomorrow’s groundbreaking products, technologies, and manufacturing processes the information that they need to succeed.
How much it costs
Funding from New York State is available for each project, and can cover a significant subsidy of the total costs associated with becoming market ready.
What services do we offer?
A project can involve one or more of the following services:
- independent, third-party testing and validation
- competitive product and manufacturing process benchmarking
- certified life-cycle assessment (LCA)
- evaluation of environmental and energy impact
- market-viability assessment
- prototyping and piloting support
- business plan development
Why work with us?
NYSP2I knows firsthand what makes for a successful venture in sustainable innovation: an innovative technology that aligns with sustainable practices and is upheld by an informed, viable business plan. Our team helps our clients to become tech-ready, Earth-ready, and market-ready.