Clifford Ulp (1885-1958) attended Rochester's East High School and graduated from the Mechanics Institute in 1908. He taught at RIT for 39 years, serving as the head of the Art and Design department until his retirement in 1952. During his long tenure, he introduced the use of motion pictures in a course called Models in Motion. Ulp is remembered primarily for his landscapes. He was a popular public speaker and well-known figure in Rochester in the 1920s and early 1930s, during which time he served as president of the Rochester Art Club and on the board of managers of the Memorial Art Gallery.