Welcome to another “Tech Skills to Have!” In this edition, you will learn how to automatically add your MyCourses assignments to your Google Calendar
Even with the best of intentions, we can sometimes forget our school assignments. Nowadays, we have an array of third party scheduling and task-tracking apps at our disposal to keep us on top of things, however, they are only as useful as you information you manually input into them. But what if there was a way to automatically fetch your MyCourses assignments and create reminders for you? What if said way did it all for free and to your already existing calendar aka RIT’s provided student Google Calendar? Well, I have just that and the steps on how you can do it in a matter of 2-3 minutes.
- Log in to your MyCourses Account
- On the right hand side click the hyperlink “Calendar“
- Under the Calendar page, click “Settings“
- In the settings popup, tick on “Enable Calendar Feeds” then save
- On the same page next to Settings, you will now see the new link “Subscribe“
- Now you have the option of selecting which course you want to subscribe to, but my recommendation is to do “All Calendars and Tasks” then copy the given URL
- Next go to your RIT Google Calendar page
- Within Google Calendar, on the bottom right hand side is Other Calendars. Click the little arrow .
- Click the option to “Add By URL” and enter the URL you copied in step 6. Make sure your copied URL is correct and has no extra spaces at the end of the URL.
- Done! Now your assignments will show up on your calendar.
- As a bonus, you can edit this Calendar’s settings to add custom notifications, color, and name.