Let's face it. Now matter how much you're loving college, receiving a care package from a family member or friend can be one of the warmest feelings. Sending a care package is one of the best ways to show an RIT student that you're thinking of them, even from many miles away. However, care packages can be tricky to put together; they should have a wonderful combination of items that are both useful and personal. We've assembled a list of items that will give you ideas of what to include in a care package that you're putting together.
The Athletic Student
Students that are spending time in the gym or on a team could use items to help them hydrate and recover.
- Reusable water bottle
- Protein bars
- Face wipes - These are great to have when you aren't able to shower directly after working out.
The Penny Pincher
Students that like to save money need the day-to-day absolute essentials.
- Cash for a Dining Dollars reload - Dining Dollars go quickly, especially when you need to buy a coffee everyday.
- Detergent, fabric softener, and dryer sheets
- Gas card - There is a FasTrac and Speedway close to campus.
The Eco-Friendly Student
Sending something that is useful and kind to the planet is a double win.
- Window plant - Include a small pot, a sealed bag of soil, and a sealed bag of seeds for easiest shipping.
- Metal straws and utensils
- Reusable shopping bags - Wegmans is no longer using plastic bags, so this is very useful.
The Carless Pioneer
Not having a car can be troublesome. Although RIT has free transportation busses, it can be tricky to explore places outside of the bus routes.
- Uber, Lyft, Zipcar, UberEats, or Grubhub gift cards
- Unique toiletries - If Target doesn't have your favorite shampoo.
- Waterproof socks - An essential for walking a lot in Rochester.
The Homesick Student
Everyone can get a little homesick once in a while. Send something that reminds them of home.
- Homemade baked goods
- Photo frame
- Handwritten letter
The Sick Student
It's bound to happen in college. When the cold or flu goes around, it can be a major bummer. Get them something that will help them bounce back ASAP.
- Hand sanitizer
- Tissues - Lotion infused tissues are the best in cold, dry weather.
- Tea bags
Who doesn't love to read in their free time? It's so relaxing.
- Mug - Sip on something warm to get nice and cozy.
- New books - ShopOne has some unique options!
Many RIT students love to play games. They're a fun and simple way to stay entertained!
- Blue light glasses - For those that love video games, staring at a screen can be hard on the eyes.
- Deck of cards
- Healthy snacks
The Student that Frequently Pulls All-Nighters
We all know that student that either loves to study, or leaves a bit too much work for the last-minute. But, if they're going to do it, they might as well do it right.
- School supplies
- Coffee - A LOT of coffee.
- Stain stick - For when you spill that coffee.
The Student That Isn't Used to the Cold Weather
If you aren't from a cold area, coming to Rochester can be a bit shocking.
- B&N RIT Bookstore gift card - There is a lot of warm RIT gear to choose from!
- Hand warmers
- Hot cocoa
There are plenty of ways you can personalize a care package to make it unique and meaningful. If you send a care package to an RIT student this year, be sure to post a pic and tag us; we'd love to see what you've put together!
Tagged: college, Gift Ideas rit , Rochester Institute of Technology,