Coronavirus Career Resources
Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Our office is here to help and support you as we experience this temporary, unprecedented way of life. We Tigers will continue to find normalcy by connecting with one another and continuing to look forward to our future.
Career Connect is RIT’s preferred platform to connect our students with their future. Easily find the best co-ops, internships, full-time jobs, and events to help accelerate your career forward.
Explore jobs, employers, events, and career center resources through your Career Connect welcome page. Check out the companies recruiting through co-op or full-time job postings. Our employer partners and our staff are preparing virtual workshops and information sessions events for the remaining semester. You can also utilize free career resources like Vault, Portfolium, GoinGlobal, and more.
Making an Appointment
You are able to request an appointment with your career services coordinator or a career counselor. Log in to Career Connect and select Appointments from the navigation. Look for your appointment approval, and the appointment reminder, because they will both contain the Zoom meeting link.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 social distancing protocol, all our appointments will be held online.
Other Job Sources
Here are other sites that are tracking openings -- use it to uncover additional opportunities or to research companies.
- candor LIVE Who's freezing hiring from coronavirus. The list is 100% user-generated and maintained by the co-founder of candor. Filter by hiring, layoffs, hiring freeze statuses. If you've been laid off — add your resume to the Layoff Hiring List. (Disclaimer: RIT cannot confirm the status of these companies. You can check with your career services coordinator about a particular company, we may have information from our contacts).
- COVINTERN connects employers with positions and programs to fill with students from top universities with available time and a desire to learn.COVINTERN was created by Wade Fletcher, a student at Indiana University. (Disclaimer: RIT cannot confirm the openings, or details of the jobs posted on this site. Check with your career services coordinator or academic department if you think an opportunity may qualify for co-op).
Lists of Companies Hiring
- 500 Companies HIring Students on Handshake Right Now -- blog article posted by Handshake
- Companies Are Still Hiring During COVID-19—Here Are 75 That Want Your Applications Now -- The Muse article
- JobFairsIn - open virtual job fairs.
- LiveCareer - tips on how to succeed in virtual job fairs.
- The Balance Careers - answers to common questions about virtual job fairs.
Virtual Interviews and Networking
At this time, there are no interviews taking place on campus. Most job interviews are currently arranged directly between employers and candidates. If an employer wishes to schedule virtual interviews through our office, that opportunity will be posted in Career Connect for students to apply to, and selected students can sign up for an interview time slot.
- 7 Non-Irritating Ways to Network Online - Inc.
- 9 Best Practices for Virtual Interviews - Harvard Business School
- Coronavirus and Your Career: How to Effectively Network During a Quarantine - Forbes
- Virtual Interviewing Best Practices - The Muse
- Virtual Interview Strategies - Virtual Vocations
Working from Home
- 7 Essential Tips for Working from Home During the Coronavirus Pandemic [article]
- How to Connect While Social Distancing [video]
Remote Work Opportunities:
Build Up Your Skill Set
Take advantage of this opportunity to enhance your skills and knowledge. Educational companies and universities are offering their content for free, or discounted prices.
- RIT Summer Online Courses 300+ courses, 80+ subjects!
- EdX Free online courses
- Open Culture More than 1,500 free online courses
Job Search Strategies
"Essential advice for entry level job and internship hunting during COVID 19"
In this webinar, Lindsey Pollak and Chelsea C. Williams will share advice on finding existing opportunities, networking effectively, and enhancing your skill-set for success.