- To model effective and efficient new packaging systems as well as improve the performance of existing packaging systems.
- Ability to interpret, describe, contrast and use various tools related to implementing packaging and the environment practices
- Demonstrate an ability to participate, lead in teams and act as change agents;
- demonstrate a master of the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of the discipline
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate appropriate mastery of the knowledge and application of techniques, skills and current software tools by successfully completing a package system redesign
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of packaging from raw materials extraction through disposal and how the concept of industrial ecology can be used as a model for minimization and conservation
- Effectively lead a packaging project team including non-packaging majors; design test protocols based on transport hazard levels