1.Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and technology that enable reliable transmission and routing of information
- Demonstrate knowledge of transmission, switching and routing technology for telecom networks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of network protocols and signaling technology
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the technical and economic principles of telecommunication network planning and design
- Demonstrate ability to design a network to meet a communication need.
- Demonstrate ability to use network design tools.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the policies and regulations that govern the telecommunication industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of telecom policy both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical issues that drive telecom policy and regulation.
4. Perform, document and present scholarly research in the field of telecommunications
-Complete a thesis or project proposal.
- Perform and document a review of literature pertaining to a selected topic.
- Complete and present a documented thesis or project report