The Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org .
Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
Please find enrollment and graduation data for all ABET accredited programs here.
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives (PEO) for the Electrical Engineering Technology program are as follows:
Graduates , five or more years after graduation, will have:
- Attained gainful employment in the field of Electrical Engineering
- Pursued additional formal education and /or certification
- Attained increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in their chosen field
The Student Outcomes (SO's) for the Electrical Engineering Technology program have been established such that students will demonstrate the following skills, knowledge, and behaviors, at the time of graduation.
Graduates of the Electrical Engineering Technology program will…
- Work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Think critically to identify and solve problems using analytical and experimental tools.
- Master the fundamentals of the curriculum in the application of circuit analysis and design, computer programming, associated software, analog and digital electronics and microcomputers to the building, testing, operation, and maintenance of electrical/electronic systems.
- Master the fundamentals of the curriculum in the application of physics to electrical/electronic circuits in a rigorous mathematical environment.
- Master the fundamentals of the curriculum in the ability to analyze, design, and implement control systems, instrumentation systems, communication systems, computer systems, or power systems.
- Master the fundamentals of the curriculum to apply project management techniques to electrical/electronic systems.
- Master the fundamentals of the curriculum in the ability to utilize statistics, transform methods, or applied differential equations in support of electrical systems.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner using both oral and written communications.
- Understand the importance of integrity and ethical conduct.
- Develop lifelong skills that ensure technical competency and professional growth.
- Recognize contemporary professional, social, and global issues and are aware of and respect diversity.