The 2018 IMPRESS Summer Science Program runs August 7 - August 21.
Note: The 2018 Summer Program application process is now closed.
IMPRESS helps students develop a mindset that will promote their success in college. IMPRESS students learn cognitive strategies for tackling complex problems, build a toolbox of thinking skills that can be used in any situation, and build a community of students focused on mindfulness.
Summer Experience Benefits:
- Get Meta!—Think deeply and critically while exploring complex interdisciplinary science
- Session ends in time for RIT orientation
- Housing and meal plan included for the duration of the summer program
- Students receive $500 RIT Tiger Bucks upon successful completion of the program
- Students MOVE IN EARLY to their fall room assignment
- Have Fun! Get to know your peers, faculty, staff and the RIT campus before everyone else arrives.
- Explore Rochester and the surrounding area.
Summer Metacognition Topics:
- Experts and Novices
- The Dunning-Kruger Effect
- Imposter Syndrome
- Personal Struggles
- Intrinsic Motivation
Summer Science Experiment Topic: Climate Change
Learn how changing climate and weather patterns affect life on our planet. Discover how light affects climate through radiation and albedo. Study how plants maintain the balance of life with photosynthesis and carbon capture, and have some fun with gases, eruptions, and Henry's Law!
Want to Connect With an IMPRESS Student Leader?