We met up in Institute this weekend and broke into two teams to work on Imagine and FRC Robot Revival. The FRC Robot Revival team started taking apart (what was left of) Team 73’s 2015 robot and made a basic frisbee shooter frame with some of the parts. They also worked on cleaning up the wiring on 3842’s 2011 robot. We then discovered that the key in the front right CIM had come undone, causing it to freely spin in the gearbox. The motor was replaced with a different CIM that already had a key and the correct drive gear installed (correctly, the original CIM did not have a clip to keep the key and gear from coming off). We also found that the right rear CIM was not being driven, and it seems there is an issue with the Victor. It will be replaced next weekend.
Additionally, when we were driving back to Gleason, we were having issues with an unfed Watchdog, which will be addressed next weekend. As for the frisbee shooter, a test hub was made to connect the CIM to the pneumatic wheel and the setup was tested. We tested multiple times and did not have a successful test. In the beginning, there was too much compression on the frisbee and the frisbee did not make good contact with the wheel (it was too low). After adjusting, we had issues with the hub being too lose and we could not get good contact between the frisbee and the wheel.
Next weekend, we will doing only FRC, as we need the robot working for the FLL competition on November 19th. We hope to have a working frisbee shooter, but a driving robot would suffice.