General Eligibility Criteria
Eligible HEOP students must:
- Have permanent residence in New York State
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Have not registered for college courses for credit after high school graduation
- Be inadmissible to RIT under regular admission guidelines
- Meet NYS economic eligibility guidelines (see below)
- Attend and successfully complete a four-week summer program
- If applying as a transfer, applicants must have been in an approved opportunity program at a previous college
* This chart is based on the financial guidelines for the 2018-19 entering class. It is subject to change.
RIT’s Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships reviews academically eligible applicants for economic eligibility. It’s important that all HEOP applicants complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov/ by February 15. The information on the FAFSA must be accurate and true. Please include the RIT school code 002806 and the applicant’s social security number. Applicants who do not have a FAFSA on file or whose FAFSAs are missing the RIT school code will not be reviewed for economic eligibility.
The HEOP office provides ongoing guidance and communication to assist applicants in determining eligibility and applying to RIT through HEOP. Please direct any questions regarding HEOP eligibility and admissions to Kris Shamp at (585) 475-2506 or by email at email@example.com.
|Total # of Family Members (including head of household)||Total Annual Income in Preceding Calendar Year|
|Each person added||$7,733|