How to Apply
Students applying for RIT Dubai graduate programs must submit the following documents:
- Resume of work experience (curriculum vitae).
- Official, original academic transcripts in native language.
- Official, certified English translation (where necessary).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Passport copy and Emirates ID (if in the UAE).
- Personal Statement Please write a personal statement describing your educational objectives. Your essay statement should be approximately 500 words in an essay format in a word document.
You may wish to address:
- Why you are applying for the degree you have chosen.
- How your degree program will relate to your long-range career objectives.
- What personal or "non-academic" qualities you will contribute to the learning environment in your program.
- What prior experience you have with respect to your chosen program.
- Specifically why you want to attend the RIT Dubai program.
Admissions for Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 is open.
- Applications and all supporting documentation should be submitted directly to RIT Dubai.
- Only after all the supporting documents have been submitted, then complete applications will be forwarded to the Graduate Department Committee in Rochester, NY for an admission decision.
- Students will be notified of the admission decision in a timely manner after their application is complete.
Students should contact RIT Dubai for information regarding their application status directly at email@example.com or +971-4-3712000.
Requirements for Admission
- Applicants to the Engineering master programs should have an undergraduate bachelor's degree in the same discipline or area of engineering, or an area closely related to the area they wish to study.
- Applicants to the MS Service Leadership and Innovation program should have a solid educational or employment record in any field upon admission evaluation.
Applicants must submit a resume (C.V) to demonstrate professional work experience in the desired area of study.
English Language Proficiency
All applicants to the master's degree programs are required to meet the English language requirement for graduate study at RIT by completing one of the following:
- Submit an official score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of at least 550 paper based, 213 computer based, or 79 internet based. For information on the TOEFL, visit www.ets.org
- Submit an official score from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam with a score of at least Band 6.5. For information on the IELTS exam, visit www.ielts.org.
- Official TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition Test or the Official IELTS Indicator Online Edition will be accepted conditionally. Students will be asked to submit the usual accepted Ielts/Toefl exam type within the 1st semester at RIT-Dubai!
- Students whose native language is English, or who have studied at the college or university level in the US or an English speaking country are still required to take the TOEFL or IELTS language exam due to a requirement by the Ministry of Higher Education in UAE as RIT is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education in UAE and is Internationally recognized.
- Students that do not meet RIT NY's and the UAE Ministry of Higher Education TOEFL or IELTS score requirement can enter our English Language Center prior to beginning the program.
Please feel free to contact an Admissions Counselor at +971-4-3712000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions on the TOEFL/IELTS requirements.
Applicants who are not citizens or permanent residents of UAE may need to apply for a visa to study at RIT Dubai. We will contact you with more information about visa requirements and procedures once you submit your application for admission.
Applications and all supporting documents should be submitted to:
Office of Admissions
RIT Dubai. Dubai Silicon Oasis
P.O. Box 341055, Dubai UAE