Dr. Khalil Al Hussaeni
Khalil Al Hussaeni received his Ph.D. degree in 2017 from the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada. His doctoral thesis proposed efﬁcient and scalable techniques for anonymizing high-dimensional data. His research interest goes under the umbrella of privacy-preserving data publishing. Particularly, his research targets anonymizing relational data, trajectories, data streams, and Big Data for various datamining tasks. He was a member of the Data Mining and Security Laboratory research team at McGill University and a research assistant in the Computer Security Laboratory at Concordia University. Dr. Al Hussaeni’s PhD thesis was ranked “Outstanding” (highest honor at the university level), and he was nominated for the Governor General's Gold Medal Award (most prestigious academic award across Canada). Dr. Al Hussaeni received his Master’s degree in Information Systems Security in 2009 from Concordia Institute for Information Systems Engineering, Concordia University, Canada. He is currently an Assistant Professor of Computing at RIT-Dubai.
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- M.A.Sc. in Information Systems Security
- B.Sc. in Computer Engineering
- Nominated for the Governor General's Gold Medal Award (2017) ○ Most prestigious academic award across Canada
- PhD thesis ranked “Outstanding” (2017) ○ Highest honor at the university level
- K. Al-Hussaeni, B. C. M. Fung, F. Iqbal, G. G. Dagher, and E. Park. SafePath: differentially-private publishing of passenger trajectories in transportation systems. Computer Networks (COMNET): Special Issue on Intelligent and Connected Transportation Systems, 143:126-139, October 2018. Elsevier.
- K. Al-Hussaeni, B. C. M. Fung, F. Iqbal, J. Liu, and P. C. K. Hung. Differentially private multidimensional data publishing. Knowledge and Information Systems (KAIS): An International Journal, 56(3):717-752, September 2018. Springer.
- K. Al-Hussaeni, B. C. M. Fung, and W. K. Cheung. Privacy-preserving trajectory stream publishing. Data & Knowledge Engineering (DKE), 94(A):89-109, November 2014. Elsevier.
- B. C. M. Fung, T. Trojer, P. C. K. Hung, L. Xiong, K. Al-Hussaeni, and R. Dssouli. Service-oriented architecture for high-dimensional private data mashup. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC), 5(3):373-386, July-September 2012. IEEE Computer Society.