Dr. Mejda Bahlous-Boldi
Dr. Mejda holds a Ph.D. in Finance and a Master of Science in Finance from the University of RENNES I, FRANCE. She held academic positions in several universities: the University of Rennes I, (France), University of Maine (France), HEC Carthage (Tunisia) University of Alabama in Huntsville (USA), the University of Bahrain and the American university in Dubai where she was the chair of the Finance and Accounting department before joining RIT Dubai in August 2014. Dr. Bahlous taught Finance courses both at the graduate and undergraduate level. She was also senior a Fulbright scholar at MIT, Sloan School of Management. Her research interest spans many areas in Finance such as Corporate Finance, Financial Markets and Derivatives, Portfolio Management, International Finance, Islamic Finance. She has several publications in peer reviewed journals and is currently active in research dealing with issues of interest to both emerging and developed markets.
- Bahlous-Boldi, M. (2020), "Resilient homeownership: how partnership-based finance would have prevented the 2008 US mortgage crisis", International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, Vol. 14 No. 2, pp. 283-304. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJHMA-04-2020-0045
- Mejda Bahlous-Boldi (2020), “Foreclosures and Their Costs: Could They Have Been Avoided? The Case of California during the Mortgage Crisis” The Journal of Structured Finance Jul 2020, 26 (2) 9-29; DOI: 10.3905/jsf.2020.1.102 https://jsf.pm-research.com/content/26/2/9
- 2016 "Rental rate as an alternative pricing for Islamic home financing: an empirical investigation on the UK Market", International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, Vol. 9 Iss: 4, pp. Bahlous M. With Rosylin Mod Yusof and Roszaini Haniffa.
- 2015 “Are Profit Sharing Rates in Mudharaba Account Linked to Interest Rates? An investigation on Islamic Banks in GCC countries” Forthcoming in Journal Ekonomi Malaysia (JEM)_Bahlous M. With Rosylin Mod Yusof and Hamza Turnsov.
- 2014 Mejda Bahlous with Rosylin Yusof “International Diversification among Islamic Invetsments: Is there any benefit?” Managerial Finance / Emerald Volume 40 issue 6 2014
- 2013. Mejda Bahlous “Does cross-listing benefit the shareholders? Evidence from the GCC countries stock markets” Springer - Asia Pacific Financial Markets. April 2013
- 2013 Mejda Bahlous (with R. Yosuf) “Islamic Banking and Economic Growth: a panel cointegration Analysis” in Emerald- Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business research. Vol. 4 Iss: 2
- 2012 Mejda Bahlous (with R. Yosuf) “Financing Patterns, Debt Maturity, and Growth: evidence from the East Asia and the GCC countries” Journal of Applied Banking and Finance, vol.2, no.3, 2012, 199-236. Indexed EconLit, Cabell’s directory (Economics & Finance), DOAJ; EBSCO Academic Source Complete; Econis,; Gale's Academic Databases; Google Scholar; Open J-Gate; ProQuest and Ulrich's Database
- 2010 Mejda Bahlous, with Rosylin Yusof and Salina H. Kassim: “Ethical investment and shari’ah-compliant investment compared: can investors benefit from diversification?” in Savings and Development. Indexed SCOPUS, Econlit http://aisberg.unibg.it/handle/10446/27473