Dr. Wesam Almobaideen
Dr. Wesam Almobaideen is full professor of computer networks and security at RIT Dubai. He holds the B.Sc. in computer science from Muta’h University, Karak, Jordan, the M/Sc. degree from The University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan, and the Ph.D. from Bologna University, Bologna, Italy. Before joining RIT Dubai, Dr. Almobaideen was the chairperson of the Department of Computer Science at the University of Jordan for five years. He has also served as the Director of the Computer Center for three years, dean assistant of the Faculty of Graduate Studies, and the Director of the Accreditation and Quality Assurance Office. Dr. Almobaideen research interests include Wireless Networks, Computer security and Cybersecurity, Internet of Things and cloud Computing. He has published more than 50 research papers in reputable conferences and journals and has supervised the theses and dissertations of more than 44 graduate master and doctorate level students.
- Ph.D. from Bologna University, Bologna, Italy
- M.Sc. from The University of Jordan, Amman
- B.Sc. in computer science from The Muta’h University, Karak, Jordan
- Computer and Networks Security
- Cyber Security
- Information Centric Networks
- Software Defined Networks
- Internet of Things
- Fog and Cloud Computing
- Wireless and Mobile Networks Protocols
- Mobile Agents Paradigm for Wireless Networks
- Mapping Interconnection Networks Topologies
- “Enhancing The Lifetime of Wireless Sensor Network using Genetic Algorithm”, Hadeel Alazzam, Wesam Almobaideen, 2019 10th International Conference on Information and Communication Systems (ICICS), pages: 25-29, IEEE, 2019
- “Hybrid SDN-ICN Architecture Design for the Internet of Things”, Huda Saadeh, Wesam Almobaideen, Khair Eddin Sabri, Maha Saadeh, 2019 Sixth International Conference on Software Defined Systems (SDS), pages: 96-101, IEEE, 2019.
- “Hybrid Neural Network to Impute Missing Data for IoT Applications”, Nabeel Al-Milli, Wesam Almobaideen, pages: 121-125, IEEE, 2019.
- “Virtual Node Schedule for Supporting QoS in Wireless Sensor Network”, Wesam Almobaideen, Mohammad Qatawneh, Orieb AbuAlghanam, 2019 IEEE Jordan International Joint Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (JEEIT), pages: 281- 285, IEEE, 2019.
- “Lightweight Authentication for Mobile Users in The Context of Fog Computing”, Wesam Almobaideen, Maha Saadeh, International Journal of Advanced Computational Engineering and Networking, Volume 6, Issue: 12, Pages: 2321-206, 2018.
- “A Survey of Various Frameworks and Solutions in all Branches of Digital Forensics with a Focus on Cloud Forensics”, Mohammad Khanafseh, Mohammad Qatawneh, Wesam Almobaideen, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA, volume 10, issue 8, 2019.
- “Fog Computing: Survey on Decoy Information Technology”, Wesam Almobaideen, Muhyidean Altarawneh, accepted in the International Journal of Security and Networks, 2019.
- “A Survey of Key Distribution In Internet of Things”, Oraib AboElghanam, Mohamad Qatawneh, Wesam Almobaideen,, Accepted in the Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 2019.
- Huda Saadeh, Wesam Almobaideen, Khair Eddin Sabri, Maha Saadeh, 2019, Hybrid SDN-ICN Architecture Design for the Internet of Things, Accepted in the 4th IEEE International Conference on Fog and Edge Mobile Computing (FMEC 2019).
- Hadeel Alazzam, Wesam Almobaideen, (2019). Enhancing The Lifetime of Wireless Sensor Network using Genetic Algorithm, Accepted in The 10th International Conference on Information and Communication Systems.
- Mais Haj Qasem, Wesam Almobaideen, (2019), “Heterogeneity in IoT-based Smart City Designs: A review”, Accepted in the International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM).
Dr. Wesam Almobaideen serves as the Computing Sciences Coordinator at RIT Dubai.