(previously “Study Abroad in New York”)
RIT Dubai students may apply to the Global Scholars Program* to study for 1 or 2 terms at our main campus in Rochester, New York. Students will live in RIT housing, eat in the dining halls, and take classes alongside main campus students while paying home campus tuition!
This is a great opportunity for students to experience life at a US university, access all the resources of a 1300 acre campus, and see first-hand the world-class institution that we are a part of!
- Students may participate in the Global Scholars Program for up to 2 terms, provided that their program of study or desired courses are offered in that campus.
- Undergraduate students must complete at least 2 semesters full-time at RIT;
- Graduate students must complete at least 1 semester at RIT.
- Students must, at a minimum, be in Good Standing to apply (Undergrad: 2.0 cum GPA; Grad: 3.0 cum GPA).
- BS Mechanical Engineering students must have a 3.0 cum GPA and have completed MECE 203 Strength of Materials and MECE 210 Fluid Mechanics before their study abroad semester.
- ME Mechanical Engineering students are recommended to have a 3.5 cum GPA and must have completed 6 courses before their study abroad semester, including MECE 707 Engineering Analysis and MECE 709 Advanced Engineering Math.
Applications for the Global Scholars program are due online through Compass the semester before the term you hope to study abroad. If you are interested in the program:
- Attend the Global Scholars Information Session that is held about one month into each semester
- Read through the information session slides
- Discuss your interest and how studying abroad might impact your graduation plan with your Academic Advisor
- Go to the website for more details and to apply!
Deadline to Apply for Summer or Fall: New dates will be shared shortly.
* provided that their program of study or desired courses are offered in that campus.