Handouts and related sites
There are many reputable websites to help students improve their math skills. Some sites provide diagnostic tests to help determine your strengths and weaknesses. Other sites provide tutorials, examples, and even videos. Search the web using the topic you are studying and be prepared to find a lot of helpful sites. Here are some links you may find useful:
- RIT School of Mathematical Sciences http://math.rit.edu
- RIT Math Courses Outlines: http://www.rit.edu/cos/sms/semester.html
- Multimedia lessons and resources at khanacademy.org
- Multimedia lessons and resources at Hippocampus.org
- TRiO Math Support: http://www.rit.edu/studentaffairs/triosss/math_support.php
- Math Study Skills Survey from Purplemath.com
- mathvids.com - Free Math Videos
- Go to http://www.youtube.com and search for a video of the topic you want to review.
You may find many other websites offering valuable and more thorough information than the websites just provided. Search the web. Here is a list of topics you may want to search:
- Math study skills
- Math anxiety
- Problem solving
- How to study for a math test?
- How to take a math test?