Lecturer, Electrical Engineering and Computing Department
MPhil in Electrical Engineering, University of Bath, UK 2015
M.S. in Computer Engineering, University of Balamand, Lebanon 2004
B.S. in Computer Engineering, University of Balamand, Lebanon 2002
Omar Abdul-Latif is currently a Lecturer at the Electrical Engineering Department at RIT-Dubai. Prior to that he worked as a researcher and part-time Instructor at the University of Bath (UK) and as a full time lecturer at Michigan State University-Dubai and as an adjunct lecturer at the American University of Dubai. Mr. Abdul-Latif has more than ten years of experience in teaching and research with more than 20 published papers in peer reviewed International Journals and Conferences in the field of Signal/Image Processing for Telecommunication and Radar Applications especially in the field of SAR and ML-based telecommunication systems.
Selected Publications include:
- S. R. Pennock, O. M. Abdul-Latif, C. Jenks, “Improved GPR Image Focussing with Repetitive and Normalized Superimposition Technique”, IEEE 15th GPR 2014, Brussels.
- O. M. Abdul-Latif, S. R. Pennock, “Enhancing SAR Image Formation Using Superimposed Fast Fourier Transformation”, 30th IEEE IGARSS 2012, Munich, Germany, 22 - 27 July 2012.
- J. S. Daba and O. Abdul-Latif, “Least Square-SVM Detector for Wireless BPSK in Multi-environmental Noise,” Transactions on Engineering, Computing, and Technology. ISSN 1307-6884, Vol. 3, Issue 2, pp. 181-186, 2006.
- O. M. Abdul-Latif, P. R. Shepherd, S. Pennock, “Transmission Power vs. BER in UWB Telecommunication System”, 5th GCC IEEE Conference, Kuwait, March, 2009.
- O. M. Abdul-Latif, P. R. Shepherd, S. Pennock, “Effect of Multiple Access Interferers on UWB system Performance”, IFIP Wireless Days, Dubai, UAE, November 2008.
- O. M. Abdul-Latif, P. R. Shepherd, S. Pennock, “Transmission Range of an UWB Tracking System”, Workshop of Signal Processing and Applications, Sharjah, UAE, March 2007.