RIT Dubai students will be housed in the Dubai Silicon Oasis Student Accommodation. Brand new student accommodation is approximately a 5 minute drive from campus.
For Navigation: Please click here
HOUSING INFORMATION (Dubai Silicon Oasis Student Accommodation)
The housing fees for academic year are as follows:
- Single room for the academic year (9 months) - 43,200AED
- Double room for the academic year (9 months) - 21,600AED
This cost includes round-trip transportation to campus in addition to malls and the Rashidiya metro station. The cost does not include linen care. The student housing buildings are gender segregated and specific building allocations are based on student enrollment and availability.
Facilities for your comfort:
- Furnished with beds, study table, chair, lamp, shelf, built-in wardrobes, personal safe and mini fridges in studio rooms and a large fridge in the apartment units
- Bathroom in each room
- 24/7 security
- Free Wi-Fi
- Social areas
- Free laundry services (self-serve washers and dryers available)
- Free weekly basic cleaning service
- Please purchase your own bedding
- Futsal court
- Small basketball court
The single size beds in the double rooms is 100 x 200cm (standard size for a single mattress)
The king size in the single furniture room is 180 x 200cm (standard size for king mattress)
How can I reserve my place in student housing?
(Please read this important information before applying for housing)
Please note that a room will not be allocated unless the housing deposit is paid and the below required documents are submitted:
Housing Form, passport photo, copy of passport, copy of UAE visa or proof of seeking RIT visa sponsorship & UAE ID. A housing deposit is not required for returning students.
Read the student housing policies to before requesting for housing:
- No check in can occur without a housing request submitted and confirmed by RIT staff via email. It’s the student’s responsibility to notify Student Affairs Office of a change in check in date and to notify the housing staff directly of a check out date 48 hours in advance. Failure to do so will result in a delayed check out and additional fees if after the semester move out date. Please note that if you move into housing before the check in dates, you will be charged a daily rate charge.
- All housing residents are required to inspect their room and apartment shared living spaces to record any damages or issues prior to signing the check in form and officially taking responsibility for the housing allocation.
- If you request for a double room and your roommate moves out, it’s your responsibility to work directly with the housing team to find another roommate asap to avoid single room charges.
- If you do not check out of housing by the semester deadline, you will be charged a daily rate until the start of the new semester. Once the semester starts, the housing charges will be semester based.
- Co-op students who require housing are charged a daily rate unless full semester housing is required.
- All housing residents are responsible for their guests (both RIT and non-RIT guests.)
- Student housing has designated smoking areas and the residences are non-smoking.
- Please note that student housing residents will now only be given two official smoking warnings via email from RIT Dubai Student Affairs before they are asked to leave housing permanently.
- No alcohol is allowed in housing.
- No pets allowed.
Please submit the Housing Request Form to reserve place in student housing.
(Housing allocation are made on a first-come first-serve basis.)
GENERAL HOUSING STAFF HOURS (NO CHECK IN OR CHECK OUTS CAN OCCUR OUTSIDE OF THESE HOURS)
Sunday - Thursday - 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday - Closed
Saturday - 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
When can I move in?
Fall 2019 Important Dates: (Fall Housing deadline for returning students is July 15th – a late fee of 500.00 AED is applied after this date.)
*Please note that if you move into housing before the check in dates, you will be charged a daily rate charge
August 23rd - 24th - New Student Housing Check in (only between 10:00am -10:30pm)
August 30th - August 31st - Returning Student Housing Check in (only between 10:00am -10:30pm)
August 27th - 28th - Undergraduate Student Orientation
August 29th - Graduate Student Orientation
September 2nd - First day of classes!
Spring 2020 Important Dates: (Spring Housing deadline for returning students is December 15th – a late fee of 500.00 AED is applied after this date.)
*Please note that if you move into housing before the check in dates, you will be charged a daily rate charge.
January 3rd - 4th 2020 - New Student Housing Check in (only between 10:00am -10:30pm)
January 10th - 11th 2020- Returning Student Housing Check in (only between 10:00am -10:30pm)
January 7th - 8th 2020 - Undergraduate Student Orientation
January 9th 2020 - Graduate Student Orientation
January 12th - First day of classes!