PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
There is parking at the Techno Point building for RIT Dubai students. The parking next to the Techno Point building highlighted on the below map in red is reserved for RIT faculty, staff and the non-RIT professional staff working in the building.
A few of these parking spaces are kept for students on a paid basis.
If you are interested in requesting for a paid parking space, please contact Ms. Jenelyn Gallego at firstname.lastname@example.org or +971-4371-2035 to inquire on availability.
The requests will be on a first come-first serve basis and the parking spot will be registered with your car plates and will only be for your individual use.
Techno Point Building Paid Parking Cost = AED 1,050 per semester
There is free student parking a short walk from campus highlighted on the below map in orange.
STUDENT HOUSING PARKING & TRANSPORTATION
There is also onsite parking available for student housing residents at the Dubai Silicon Oasis student housing. DSO provides a daily weekday housing shuttle that provides roundtrip transportation between housing and campus.
Please note that all commuter transportation is on hold until further notice as a result of the COVID-19 situation.
The Student Affairs Office oversees commuter transportation for students to various regions in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman. You must submit the Transportation Request Form if you wish to sign up for transportation. You will be charged for transportation on a semester-basis. There are fixed pick up and drop off points based on all students who request for transportation.
Please note that all bus service routes are determined based on the locations and on a first-come first-service basis. We strive to accommodate all transportation requests at an economic price but in some cases, if an address is out of the bus route it will not be accommodated. The sooner we receive your transportation request, information will be shared with you, however, the final bus routes are determined closer to the start of the semester. If you move while using the service, depending on your new address, it is not guaranteed that you will still be able to use the service. To stop using the transport service, you must email the Student Affairs Office.
Commuter transportation deadline information: Any commuter transportation requests received from current students after the deadline dates are subject to the 500.00aed late fee. New students are exempt from this late fee for their first semester. The deadline dates are the same annually:
Fall Deadline – July 15th
Spring Deadline – December 15th
- As a courtesy, there is a two week trial time from starting on the first day of classes for new students using the commuter service. The service must be cancelled before 4:00pm on the last Thursday of the two week period (10th day) of the service.
- The commuter transportation deadline for current/returning students coincides with the semester add/drop courses deadline (1 week),
- If you cancel transportation after the deadlines, there will be no refund. Cancellation must occur either by email to Student Affairs Office (email@example.com) or in person.
Please note that all current/returning students need to request for commuter transportation on a semester basis. The drivers will not pick you up unless you have officially requested for transportation.
|One Way Trip
|Campus Departure Time|
|Per Semester||Per Year||Per Semester||Per Year|
|Abu Dhabi||5,000||10,000||N/A||N/A||5:25 pm only|
|Ajman||3,600||7,200||2,520||5,040||3:10 pm & 5:25 pm|
|Dubai - Ibn Batuta, JLT, Meadows, Tecom, Al Barsha||3,250||6,500||2,275||4,550|
|Dubai - Diera, Karama, Bur Dubai||2,700||5,400||1,890||3,780|
- One payment per semester; at the start of the semester. Transport fees are non-refundable.
- One Way fees are calculated at 70% of Round Trip.
- Fixed Stops at each location.
- Students who wish to stop using transport service must email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All fees are subject to change. (The rates may be adjusted (increased) based on the COVID-19 precautionary measures announced by the Ministry of Education and RTA.)
Mr. Manuel Patrao
+971 4 371 2035
- Check or T.T. (AED) payable to: ‘RIT Dubai’
- Credit Card
Account Name: RIT Dubai
Bank Name: EMIRATES-NBD
Branch: Dubai Silicon Oasis
SWIFT Code: EBILAEAD
Account Number: 1102425560201