Sharpen the Saw 2019
Reconnect with classmates, faculty, staff and other EMBA alumni at the annual professional development event on March 15, 2019! The annual event provides all EMBA alumni the opportunity to learn something new and gain new perspectives for your personal and professional lives. Register today!
Full event agenda is coming soon, but take peek at a few of our confirmed speakers:
- Sandy Dominach, SVP and Treasurer at Constellation Brands, with Garth Hankinson, SVP of Corporate Development. Constellation's recent $4B investment in Canadian cannabis firm, Canopy Growth, has generated a lot of attention in the M&A and general business press. And why not! Cannabis infused drinks are an interesting example of diversification for a wine and beer company. Sandy and her colleagues will discuss this recent investment and some of the financial and strategic factors that were considered in this decision.
- Kip Palmer, president and CEO of Palmer Food Services. Family-owned and operated Palmer Foods Service, under the current leadership of Kip Palmer, has been thriving in the Rochester area for five generations. Here his perspectives on growing business throughout the evolving restaurant and food service landscape.
- Andrea Holland, executive communication coach, brings her passion and humor to networking, connecting with people, and defining who you are as a leader.
- David Naylor, Executive VP at 2Logical. Motivational Intelligence is a new set of skills that increase employee performance, engagement, and adaptability. Hear from the company that's spearheading the trend and how it can impact your leadership style.
- Jamie Saunders, President and CEO of United Way of Greater Rochester. After one year in her new position at the United Way, Jamie shares how her history of leading service in the community has prepared her for this new leadership role.
- Join Saunders College of Business and the Executive MBA team at the dedication of the Joe Lobozzo Center for Executive Education! Join us for the unveiling of the new space that will welcome new Executive MBA students for years to come. Lunch will be provided at the ceremony.
- And of course, join us for a happy hour celebration and MacGregor's to wrap up the day.
- Friday, March 15 from 7:30 am- 4:30pm
- Rochester Institute of Technology, Gosnell Hall
- Parking passes and maps will be sent individually prior to the event
Pre-event Networking Dinner
Don't forget to join us for the networking dinner on Thursday, March 14 at 6 p.m. at Max's of Eastman Place. All conference attendees are invited. We will be joined by Dean Jones from Genesee Brewery, sampling complimentary leading beers and custom brews.