Transfer Students

This year, RIT will enroll more than 1,100 new transfer students, placing our university among the national leaders in transfer student admission. About 75 percent of our total transfer population comes from two-year schools, and the remaining 25 percent transfer to RIT after beginning studies at another four-year school.

  • Constituent-Widget HEADER APPLY2Constituent-Widget TR APPLY1

    Admission to RIT is competitive, but our admissions process is a personal one.

    We want to learn about your interests, abilities, and goals in order to provide guidance as you select a college that is right for you.

    - Overview
    - Apply Now
    - Timelines and Requirements

  • Constituent-Widget HEADER MAJOR2Constituent-Widget TR MAJOR1

    Students come to RIT to prepare for the future, and academics are the cornerstone of that experience. Few universities provide RIT's variety of career-oriented studies. 

    We are dedicated to providing you with academic programs that not only offer you a solid education, but superior career preparation.

    - RIT Majors and Minors 

  • Constituent-Widget HEADER AID2Constituent-Widget TR AID

    RIT awards over $5 million in merit-based and need-based scholarships to new and continuing transfer students each year. Since financial aid is based on the difference between college costs and family resources, most students will qualify for larger awards at a private institution than at a public one. Larger awards are required to help students meet the higher tuition costs charged by private colleges.

    - Transfer Scholarships and Financial Aid

  • Constituent-Widget HEADER VISIT2Constituent-Widget TR VISIT

    We’re successful in enrolling transfer students because we understand your needs. We provide special programs and personnel to accommodate you during the admissions process. Our goal is to make your transition to RIT as easy as possible.

    Attend a transfer student open house to connect with faculty, students and staff. Schedule a daily visit and meet with a counselor for a team personalized admissions interview.

    - Schedule your personal campus visit
    - Register for an admissions event

Don’t just take our word for it. Our reputation as one of the world’s top universities has been acknowledged by many leading college guides, industry, and internationally respected publications. As you search for the right university, consider what others have to say about RIT.

  • usnews
    U.S. News
  • princeton
    Princeton Review

For more than 25 years, RIT has been recognized for educational quality and value in U.S. News & World Report. RIT has traditionally been listed among the top 10 regional universities since the magazine started its annual ranking of colleges in 1983.

More Ratings & Recognition