Fall Career Events
Alumni 21-Day Career Challenge: Get Your Career in Gear!
Are you happy with your current job situation? Are you satisfied with your career success? If not, we invite you to challenge yourself to move forward towards the career and the job you want! Our Alumni 21-Day Career Challenge will provide information, resources, guidance and support for your job search. Review our daily tips focused on a key area of career or job search management, including quick tips that can add up to a big change. By doing a little every day, you’ll build your career confidence and increase your motivation. All information archived here.
- Overview of our office alumni services & programs, including our Handshake job listing system
- Development of targeted marketing materials, including resumes, correspondence, LinkedIn profile, and your all-important personal brand
- Strategies and resources for conducting a proactive job search
- Networking, connecting with RIT alumni, and the importance of social media in your search
- Interviewing strategies, including the importance of storytelling
- How to determine and overcome potential obstacles
- Emotional aspects and frustrations of a job search
- Opportunities to connect with your Career Services coordinator for individualized advisement related to your targeted field
This program is completely virtual, so you can participate around your schedule. The format will consist of:
- Daily emails introducing the topics and offering quick tips for advancing in each area
- Supporting materials, examples, and suggested assignments
Take control of your career, strengthen your focus, and equip yourself with the tools and techniques for a successful job search – one day at a time.
Access all program information and resources here.
Branded for Success, Personal branding guru Tom Peters said that “we are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be the head marketer for the brand called You.” With increased competition in today’s job market, it’s necessary to differentiate yourself from the competition, and demonstrate your promise of value. Join us for tips on creating a brand that effectively sets you apart and sells you to prospective employers. Recording / TranscriptInterviewing Success, It’s often said that it’s not the candidate who is best qualified for the position, but the candidate who interviews the best, who gets the job. Improve your interviewing skills and gain confidence with our success tips. Topics include interview preparation, determining and selling your value proposition to prospective employers, types of interviews, and how to respond to tough questions. Recording / Transcript
Career Toolkit – Mini-Webinars on Job Search Topics
Maximize your knowledge with a minimum time commitment!
- Career Services Orientation
Learn about the career services and programs available to RIT alumni, including our Handshake job listing system. Recording Transcript
- Unstick Your Career
Unsure where to go with a career transition? Get information on self-assessment and career search resources to help move you forward into your next career. Recording Transcript
Become familiar with and learn how to optimize your experience on our new job and career management system Handshake. Recording Transcript
- Alumni: How to Work a Career Fair – at RIT or Anywhere
Guidelines and tips for approaching recruiters, selling your skills effectively, using resources to plan your strategy and research attending employers, and making connections that will lead to future success. Recording Transcript
- Maximize Your Job Search
Tips and resources to help you conduct an effective job search. Recording; Transcript
Experts Career Speaker Series
The job search process has changed. To help you stay current, we provide an annual slate of on-demand webinars featuring the nation’s top career authors and experts to share tips, tools, and best practices that will help you manage your career and job searches. Join your fellow alumni each month for a talk that can help you build or maintain a successful career strategy. Listen live or access the archived recordings at any time. Visit the website to register and access the webinars - www.alumnicareerservices.org/rit.
Here are a few upcoming webinars (see the website for the complete list of upcoming and archived webinars):
Successfully Navigating Today’s Complex and Confusing Job Market
On October 2nd, at 8 pm EST Clark Finnical author of LinkedIn Strategies to Take Your Career to the Next Level, will offer strategies to convince hiring authorities you are the right person for the job! https://alumnicareerservices.org/rit/WebinarDetails.aspx?EID=283&PID=262&tab=tab1
Creating Opportunities by Building Relationships
On October 9th, at 8 pm EST, David Fisher author of, Networking in the 21st Century on LinkedIn will remind you the importance of building a professional network that-- knows what you know –so they can be on the lookout for opportunities for you. https://alumnicareerservices.org/rit/WebinarDetails.aspx?EID=291&PID=283&tab=tab1
Strategies to Ace Interviews and Build Your Network with LinkedIn
On October 16th, at 8 pm EST David Fisher author of, Acing Sales Interview Questions, will outline how to handle interview utilizing the STAR format. He will also cover the importance of identifying how you made a difference in your previous positions. https://alumnicareerservices.org/rit/WebinarDetails.aspx?EID=299&PID=279&tab=tab1
Learn the 4 P’s of Marketing Yourself and Build Your Brand
On November 6th, at 8 pm EDT Curtis Jenkins author of, The Only Job Search Book You Will Ever Need, will detail how you can promote yourself on social media, position yourself for that dream job and negotiate the best salary and benefits package. https://alumnicareerservices.org/rit/WebinarDetails.aspx?EID=284&PID=263&tab=tab1
Networking for Life! Relationship Building for Career Success.
On November 13th, EDT Ellis Chase, author of The Fun Forever Job, will provide proven suggestions to help you identify the career that is right for you, build your personal network, ace interviews and deal with the ups and downs of the job search process. https://alumnicareerservices.org/rit/WebinarDetails.aspx?EID=292&PID=284&tab=tab1
- One-on-one advising, individualized to your interests and job search or career transition needs, including marketing materials review (resume, cover letter, portfolio), interviewing skills, job search strategy, and resources for your search. Schedule an appointment with the Career Services Coordinator for your field, by phone, in person, or Skype. Call 585-475-2301 to make an appointment
- Career Counseling for alumni in transition; our counselors can provide assessment testing and review, and provide support for a career change. Call 585-475-2301 to schedule an appointment with one of our Career Counselors.
- Personalized Career Coaching, with one of our professional community coaches. This fee-based service is available to all RIT alumni; work one-on-one with a coach to define your career goals and a plan to move you toward career success.
- Want a quick overview of our alumni career services?