Spring Career Events
Alumni 21-Day Career Challenge: Get Your Career in Gear!
Are you happy with your current job situation? Are you satisfied with your career success? If not, we invite you to challenge yourself to move forward towards the career and the job you want! Our Alumni 21-Day Career Challenge will provide information, resources, guidance and support for your job search. Beginning March 1st, you’ll receive daily emails focused on a key area of career or job search management, including quick tips that can add up to a big change. By doing a little every day, you’ll build your career confidence and increase your motivation. All information archived here.
- Overview of our office alumni services & programs, including our Handshake job listing system
- Development of targeted marketing materials, including resumes, correspondence, LinkedIn profile, and your all-important personal brand
- Strategies and resources for conducting a proactive job search
- Networking, connecting with RIT alumni, and the importance of social media in your search
- Interviewing strategies, including the importance of storytelling
- How to determine and overcome potential obstacles
- Emotional aspects and frustrations of a job search
- Opportunities to connect with your Career Services coordinator for individualized advisement related to your targeted field
This program is completely virtual, so you can participate around your schedule. The format will consist of:
- Daily emails introducing the topics and offering quick tips for advancing in each area
- Supporting materials, examples, and suggested assignments
Take control of your career, strengthen your focus, and equip yourself with the tools and techniques for a successful job search – one day at a time.
Access all program information and resources here.
Branded for Success, Personal branding guru Tom Peters said that “we are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be the head marketer for the brand called You.” With increased competition in today’s job market, it’s necessary to differentiate yourself from the competition, and demonstrate your promise of value. Join us for tips on creating a brand that effectively sets you apart and sells you to prospective employers. Recording / TranscriptInterviewing Success, It’s often said that it’s not the candidate who is best qualified for the position, but the candidate who interviews the best, who gets the job. Improve your interviewing skills and gain confidence with our success tips. Topics include interview preparation, determining and selling your value proposition to prospective employers, types of interviews, and how to respond to tough questions. Recording / Transcript
Career Toolkit – Mini-Webinars on Job Search Topics
Maximize your knowledge with a minimum time commitment!
- Career Services Orientation
Learn about the career services and programs available to RIT alumni, including our Handshake job listing system. Recording Transcript
- Unstick Your Career
Unsure where to go with a career transition? Get information on self-assessment and career search resources to help move you forward into your next career. Recording Transcript
Become familiar with and learn how to optimize your experience on our new job and career management system Handshake. Recording Transcript
- Alumni: How to Work a Career Fair – at RIT or Anywhere
Guidelines and tips for approaching recruiters, selling your skills effectively, using resources to plan your strategy and research attending employers, and making connections that will lead to future success. Recording Transcript
- Maximize Your Job Search
Tips and resources to help you conduct an effective job search. Recording; Transcript
Experts Career Speaker Series
The job search process has changed. To help you stay current, we provide an annual slate of on-demand webinars featuring the nation’s top career authors and experts to share tips, tools, and best practices that will help you manage your career and job searches. Join your fellow alumni each month for a talk that can help you build or maintain a successful career strategy. Listen live or access the archived recordings at any time. Visit the website to register and access the webinars - www.alumnicareerservices.org/rit.
Here are a few upcoming webinars (see the website for the complete list of upcoming and archived webinars):
Attention recent graduates! If you’re still searching for a job, this event is for you!
The Grad CareerFestival is a MASSIVE four-day online event, Tuesday June 26 through Friday June 29, featuring top career authors from around the world. This year, in addition to authors from North America, we will feature career authors from Ireland, Netherlands, Great Britain, India, and Australia.
We’ve lined up 36 top career authors that will each share three tips, strategies, ideas, and/or best practices you can adopt immediately.
All presentations are online at www.gradcareerfestival.com. Enter the coupon code – alumniassociation – for free access.
Alumni Blog – Career and job search articles with tips, suggestions and resources for your search
- One-on-one advising, individualized to your interests and job search or career transition needs, including marketing materials review (resume, cover letter, portfolio), interviewing skills, job search strategy, and resources for your search. Schedule an appointment with the Career Services Coordinator for your field, by phone, in person, or Skype. Call 585-475-2301 to make an appointment
- Career Counseling for alumni in transition; our counselors can provide assessment testing and review, and provide support for a career change. Call 585-475-2301 to schedule an appointment with one of our Career Counselors.
- Personalized Career Coaching, with one of our professional community coaches. This fee-based service is available to all RIT alumni; work one-on-one with a coach to define your career goals and a plan to move you toward career success.
- Want a quick overview of our alumni career services?
You can RSVP for programs two ways: directly through Handshake (account needed) or by emailing Kris Stehler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Handshake RSVP instructions: Login toHandshake/click on the Events link on the top toolbar/Workshop tab/select title of session/click on the RSVP button.
If you require interpreting services email Kris Stehler (email@example.com).