Mock Interview Day
Fall Semester date: TBA
Practice interviewing with a local employer or HR professional!
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Held at Bausch and Lomb Center
Interviewing for a job is a skill. Like all skills, it takes practice. Mock interviews are a great way to gain experience, practice interview skills, receive feedback, and improve performance.
Having the opportunity to practice interviewing before you start interviewing with prospective employers is invaluable! Interviewing for a job is a skill. Like all skills, it takes practice. Mock interviews are a great way to gain experience, practice interview skills, receive feedback, and improve performance.
Practice your interviewing skills with company recruiters fall and spring semesters. Sharpen your interviewing skills and practice one-on-one with a company representative from one of our local employers. You will participate in a 20-minute “mock” interview followed by a 10-minute critique from your interviewer.
Limited availability. Please follow the instructions below to select your time. NOTE: The resume you have on Handshake when you sign up for a time slot is the resume that will be given to the interviewer.
Steps to Sign up:
- Login to RIT handshake via student page of our site
- Upload recent resume
- On the top tool bar, click ‘JOBS’
- Clear any saved filters
- Type ‘MOCK’ into the search field and select with major that applies to you
- Click Apply and select ½ hour time slot (limit one per person)
- Scroll down to view all available time slots
- If you need to cancel your scheduled mock interview you can do so through Handshake by clicking “Leave Slot”. After February 19th, please call our office 24 hours in advance, (585) 475-2301.
Interpreting Services: Unless otherwise noted, students are responsible for requesting interpreting services. To submit requests go to myaccess.rit.edu/myAccess5/