International and Global Studies BS
Assess critical issues connected to our global community, including consumer capitalism, media culture, economic development and migration, gender and health, political conflict, sustainable futures, and democracy and civil society.
- Bachelor of Science
- Approximately 55 students are enrolled in this program
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Co-op is mandatory for this program
- Minimum co-op requirement: 1 block, 12 weeks/semester
- Co-op availability: second-year through third-year summer
Salary InformationCo-op: $14.25 $12.50-$16.00
Student Skills & CapabilitiesCritical understanding of contemporary processes and impacts of globalization, developing a multidisciplinary knowledge about broad global processes and at least one theme of global significance. Students have an in-depth theoretical and factual knowledge of a particular region of the world, with proficiency in foreign language(s). Students also experience investigating, evaluating and synthesizing research questions with intercultural sensitivity, critical awareness and ethnocentrism.
Job TitlesInternational Relations Manager, Global Clinical Operations Director, US Foreign Diplomat, Cultural Anthropologists, Historian
- This unique program begins with a critical focus on globalization, paying critical attention to and understanding about a core theme, namely globalization.
- Students have the opportunity to study ten languages to advanced level to get our students to a high competency to be effective in the workplace and graduate school.
- Our degree is designed to get our students to a high foreign language (or ASL) competency to make graduates effective in the workplace and graduate school.
- International programs and partnerships with organizations allow our students to study or work in dozens of countries in every part of the world tailored to their interest.
Selected Employer Hiring PartnersIDEX Corporation, Joe Morelle for Congress, No Labels, The New York Public Interest Research Group Fund
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in your career. We will make every effort to help you succeed. Call our office and ask to speak with Taylor Lincoln, the career services coordinator who works with the International and Global Studies program. For your convenience, you can access information and services through our web site at www.rit.edu/recruit. To learn more about the program visit pubpol.rit.edu.
Rochester Institute of Technology . Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Bausch & Lomb Center
57 Lomb Memorial Drive . Rochester NY 14623-5603