Political Science BS
Integrating the traditional fields of American government and international relations to create principled leaders and responsible citizens for careers in public service and the private sector.
- Bachelor of Science
- Approximately 52 students are enrolled in this program
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Co-op is optional for this program
- Minimum co-op requirement: N/A
- Co-op availability: Second year summer through Third Year summer-fall block
Salary InformationCo-op: ID
Student Skills & CapabilitiesThrough exciting tracks in politics and life sciences, digital politics and organization, and political institutions, students study the influence of recent advances in biology and biotechnology on how we understand ourselves as human beings and citizens, or the use of information technology for political organization and communication. There are few undergraduate political science majors in the country that so fully incorporate both these fields into their curricula, including the opportunity to take courses from the biology and information technology departments as part of their program requirements.
Job TitlesGovernment Affairs Manager, Grant Writer, Political Analyst, Political Lobbyist, Labor Relations Specialist, City Planner, Senate Intern, Military Police, Paralegal.
- Students may pursue a double major in political science and a secondary area. Students have combined political science with a double major in diverse fields such as computer science, criminal justice, economics, and philosophy.
- An accelerated 4+1 option is available for students who wish to earn a BS in political science and an MBA. The option is offered in conjunction with Saunders College of Business and allows students to obtain both degrees in five years of study.
Selected Employer Hiring PartnersNational Association of the Deaf, U.S. Consular Agency in Genova, Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation, Northeastern Univ, US Senate, Thomas & Solomon, National Guard.
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in your career and we will make every effort to help you succeed. Feel free to contact Lisa Monette, the career services coordinator who works with the Political Science program. You can access information about services through our web site at https://www.rit.edu/careerservices.
Rochester Institute of Technology . Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Bausch & Lomb Center . 57 Lomb Memorial Drive . Rochester NY 14623-5603