Business Administration: Accounting BS
Determine an organization’s overall wealth, profitability, and liquidity, and help companies with short- and long-term financial business decisions.
Learn more about this program by visiting the Business Administration: Accounting BS program page https://www.rit.edu/study/business-administration-accounting-bs
- Bachelor of Science, major and minor
- MBA in Accounting – one and two year options
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Approximately 130 undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled.
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Co-op is mandatory for this program.
- Minimum co-op requirement: 1 block
- Co-op availability: Second Year summer through Fourth Year fall
Salary InformationCo-op: $15.13 $11.10 - $32.00
BS: $48,500 (Median)
Student Skills & CapabilitiesThe Accounting programs emphasize cutting-edge technologies used in practice, including analytics and ERP systems. Integrated throughout the business core are courses that provide fundamental knowledge in the areas of global competitiveness, quality management, information technology, ethics, diversity, and problem-solving. Students’ enhance analytical abilities through courses such as statistics and economics. The program also addresses communication skills, considered critical by practicing accountants.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB), representing the top 5% of all business schools worldwide.
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
RankingsSaunders College of Business ranked #61 among Poets & Quants Best Undergraduate Business Programs, highlighted by its rating as #16 in employment. Saunders College ranked #64 among 377 ranked business programs in the U.S. News & World Report 2018 edition of Best Undergraduate Business Programs. Saunders College also moved up 18 spots to #73 in the U.S. News & World Report 2019 edition of Best Graduate School Rankings among graduate business schools in America. Additionally, TFE (The Financial Engineer) Timesranked Saunders College #48 Best MS in Accounting for 2018 Top Graduate Schools and Programs.
Job TitlesStaff Accountant, Tax Analyst, Accounting Operations Analyst, Financial Systems Analyst
- Most jobs require at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- In order to receive a CPA license in New York State, students must an complete an accounting program that is accredited by an accrediting body accepted by the Department.
- Currently the Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) is accepted. Receipt of a Master's degree in accounting from such a program will be deemed as meeting New York's 150 semester hour education requirements.
Selected Employer Hiring PartnersEFPR Group, Fidelity Investments, Flaherty Salmin CPAs., The Bonadio Group, Welker, Mojsej & DelVecchio, Allied Financial Partners, Defense Finance and Accounting Service, Citi, EY (Ernst & Young), Paychex
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in your career and we will make every effort to help you succeed. Feel free to contact Julian Huenerfauth, the career services coordinator who works with the Accounting program. You can access information about services through our web site at www.rit.edu/careerservices.
Rochester Institute of Technology . Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Bausch & Lomb Center
57 Lomb Memorial Drive . Rochester NY 14623-5603