- Bachelor of Science
- Approximately 140 undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled.
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Undergraduate students are required to complete one semester or two summers of Cooperative Education.
Salary InformationCo-op: $18.39 $13.00 - $38.00
Student Skills & Capabilities
- Generalized management preparation with core courses in the functional areas of business (marketing, operations, finance, accounting), as well as additional courses in leadership, entrepreneurship, communication, public speaking and negotiations.
- Students are guided to develop the skills and concepts needed for success in any organizational leadership role.
- Through their focused area of study, students learn to become effective leaders, ethical decision-makers and creative initiators of new ventures.
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB) representing the top 5% of all business schools worldwide. Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Saunders College of Business ranked #61 among Poets & Quants Best Undergraduate Business Programs, highlighted by its rating as #16 in employment. Saunders College ranked #64 among 377 ranked business programs in the U.S. News & World Report 2018 edition of Best Undergraduate Business Programs. Saunders College also moved up 18 spots moved up 18 spots to #73 in the U.S. News & World Report 2019 edition of Best Graduate School Rankings among graduate business schools in America. Additionally, TFE (The Financial Engineer) Times ranked Saunders College #15 Best MS in Management for 2018 Top Graduate Schools and Programs, and Eduniversal recognized the MS in Management program as #28 among General Finance programs in North America.
Equipment & FacilitiesThe Sklarsky Center for Business Analytics features the latest technology and equipment, including Bloomberg Terminals and the most advanced analytics software. The REDCOM Active Learning Lab provides the business environment that maximizes the utilization of technology for digital interaction and team networking. Computer labs currently have 60 PC’s hooked up to a network server, including wireless connectivity.
Training / QualificationsEducational requirements for these managers vary widely, depending on the size and complexity of the organization. In small organizations, experience may be the only requirement needed to enter a position as manager. In large organizations, however, managers normally are hired from outside and each position has formal education and experience requirements. Advancement is easier in large firms that employ several levels of managers. Attainment of the Certified Manager (CM) designation offered by the Institute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM), through education, work experience, and successful completion of examinations, can enhance a manager’s advancement potential. In addition, a master’s degree in business administration or a related field enhances a first-level manager’s opportunities to advance to a mid-level management position, such as director of administrative services, and eventually to a top-level management position, such as executive vice president for administrative services. Those with enough money and experience can establish their own management consulting firm. (Source: U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics O.O.H.)
Job TitlesRecruitment Specialist, Operations Manager, Inventory Analyst, Assistant Loan Officer, Consulting, Human Resources Assistant and Business Strategy Operations, Operations Manager, Account Manager, Sales Manager, Management Trainee, Business Consultant.
- Business Management is a broad area that can lead to many career opportunities. Students should define goals and minors to help develop skills needed to achieve those goals.
- Management professions need to be proficient in interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. These can be achieved through co-op or participation in student organizations.
Selected Employer Hiring PartnersAetna Life Insurance, Citigroup, Datrose, Geico, Harris Communications, Paychex, Wegmans Food Markets, Northwest Mutual, Re/Max Realty, Sutherland Global Services, Wegmans, Xerox.
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in your career and we will make every effort to help you succeed. Feel free to contact Lisa Monette, the career services coordinator who works with the Management program. You can access information about services through our web site at https://www.rit.edu/careerservices.
Rochester Institute of Technology. Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Bausch & Lomb Center. 57 Lomb Memorial Drive. Rochester NY 14623-5603