Computer Science BS
Specialize in areas such as artificial intelligence, computer graphics, computer theory, networking, security, robotics, parallel computation, data mining, computer architecture, or systems software.
- Bachelor of Science
- Approximately 880 students are enrolled in this program
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Co-op is mandatory for this program
- Minimum co-op requirement: 3 blocks, 12 weeks/summer and 14 weeks/semester
- Co-op availability: second-year summer-fall block; third-year fall, spring-summer block; fourth-year summer-fall block, spring-summer block; fifth-year summer-fall block
Salary InformationCo-op: $22.62 $11.00 - $62.59
Student Skills & CapabilitiesThe program emphasizes problem solving, object-oriented programming, documentation and testing, and an approach that includes careful analysis of design alternatives when solving problems. Team and collaborative efforts are encouraged during the student's study. Prior to co-op, students will typically have completed: Computer Science I & II; The Mechanics of Programming; Concepts of Computer Systems and Introduction to Computer Science Theory, as well as a Software Engineering course.
AccreditationThe BS degree in computer science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Equipment & FacilitiesWell over 100 workstations and servers. Linux operating systems environment. PC lab, MAC lab, and specialized labs in Graphics, Database, Distributed Systems, Document & Pattern Recognition, Computational Studies, Portable Eye Tracking, as well as several labs devoted to research and development.
Job TitlesApplications Developer, CTO, Deployment and Automation Engineer, Embedded Software Engineer, Frontend Software Engineer, Full Stack Developer, Program Analyst, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Web Applications Developer
- Largest academic program at RIT, and is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Concentrations in Architecture & Operating Systems, Data Management, Intelligent Systems, Security, Computer Graphics & Visualization, Distributed Systems, Languages & Tools, and Theory
- Students work in organizations ranging from small start-ups to top Fortune 100 companies, government, public and private entities.
- Strong technical preparation and co-op experiences give graduates a leg up
- Graduates enter the profession with more extensive skills and background that they can leverage to more rapidly advance their careers
Selected Employer Hiring PartnersAmazon, Apple, Blackbaud, Cisco, Citi, Constant Contact, Datto, eTrade, Facebook, Geico, Google, Harris, Hubspot, Intuit, Liberty Mutual, Microsoft, Moog, NASA Goddard Space Center, Northrup Grumman, Paychex, Spotify, Target, US Navy
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in your career and we will make every effort to help you succeed. Feel free to contact Mindy Blake, the career services coordinator who works with the Computer Science program. Access information about services at https://www.rit.edu/careerservices.
Rochester Institute of Technology. Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Bausch & Lomb Center . 57 Lomb Memorial Drive . Rochester NY 14623-5603
Monday, 25 November 2019 Posted in Computing and Information Sciences, B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences