Computer Engineering BS
Design computer hardware, components, and software in order to develop next-generation products and appliances that contain embedded systems.
- Bachelor of Science
- Approximately 360 students are enrolled in this program.
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Co-op is mandatory for this program.
- Minimum co-op requirement: 48 weeks
- Co-op availability: Second year summer; Third year spring-summer, summer, summer-fall; Fourth year spring, spring-summer, summer, summer-fall
Salary InformationCo-op: $21.69 $10.00 - $60.00
Student Skills & CapabilitiesCompetencies include: Software systems, Circuits and electronics, Digital systems and IC design, Computer networks, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Hardware-software interfaces, Computer architecture, Digital signal processing. Students design and build computing and electronic devices such as a heart-beat monitor, autonomous vehicles, and audio/video processing systems.
Computer languages: JAVA, C++, C, Assembly, VHDL, Matlab, Python, UNIX, Linux, Solaris, VMS, Windows
AccreditationThe BS program in computer engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. Visit the college's accreditation page for information on enrollment and graduation data, program educational objectives, and student outcomes.
Equipment & Facilities
Digital Computer Organization and CUDA Laboratory, NXP Embedded Systems Laboratory, Harris Senior Design Laboratory, Computer Engineering Mentoring Laboratory, Digital IC Design Laboratory, NanoComputing Research Laboratory, Real-time Vision & Image Processing Laboratory, Networking and Information Processing Laboratory, High Performance Architectures Laboratory, Multi-core Systems Laboratory, Cryptographic Engineering Laboratory, Machine Intelligence Laboratory.
Job TitlesAssociate Software Engineer Deep Learning Software Engineer Firmware Engineer Software Engineer Hardware/Software Engineer Robotics Engineer Computer Engineer Cyber Security engineer Design Automation Engineer Test Engineer
- Computer engineers design computer hardware, components, and software to develop next-generation products and appliances that contain embedded systems.
- Nearly everything we touch each day, from coffee makers to smartphones, wearable devices, and cars is powered by computing systems designed and built by computer engineers.
- The Internet of things (IoT) extends from homes for automation to manufacturing with sensors and actuators. Today’s vehicles are equipped with multiple computing subsystems.
Selected Employer Hiring PartnersParsons, Lockheed Martin, Advanced Micro Devices, Critical Link, Harris Corporation, Apple, Microsoft, Intel Corporation, Northrop Grumman
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in your career and we will make every effort to help you succeed. Feel free to contact Diedra Livingston, the program coordinator who works with the Computer Engineering program. You can access information about services through our web site at www.rit.edu/careerservices.
Rochester Institute of Technology . Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Bausch & Lomb Center
57 Lomb Memorial Drive . Rochester NY 14623-5603