Computer Engineering MS
The computer engineering master's degree emphasizes the adoption of design methodology and the application of sophisticated engineering tools to the design and development of computer-integrated systems.
- Master of Science
- Approximately 30 students are enrolled in this program
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Co-op is optional for this program
- Minimum co-op requirement: 1 block, 12 weeks/semester
- Co-op availability: N/A
Salary InformationCo-op: $30.27 $17.00 - $40.00
Student Skills & CapabilitiesHardware/software & their applications, including Machine intelligence, Cyber security, Hardware-software interfaces, Digital systems & IC design. Computer architecture, Computer networks, Robotics, Embedded systems, Software systems, Development/testing of software. Research in advancing computer architecture, machine learning, cyber security, networking & communication protocols, & autonomous robots.
Languages: JAVA, C++, C, Assembly, VHDL, Matlab, Python, UNIX, Linux, Solaris, VMS, Windows
Equipment & FacilitiesDigital Computer Organization and CUDA Laboratory NXP Embedded Systems Laboratory Harris Senior Design Laboratory Computer Engineering Mentoring Laboratory Digital IC Design Laboratory IoT Design Collaboratory NanoComputing Research Laboratory Real-time Vision & Image Processing Laboratory Networking and Information Processing Laboratory High Performance Architectures Laboratory Multi-core Systems Laboratory Cryptographic Engineering Laboratory Machine Intelligence Laboratory
Software Engineer, Robotics Engineer, Associate Machine Learning Scientist, Embedded Software and Security Engineer, Hardware Design Engineer, Data Scientist, Computer Engineer, Software Development Engineer
- As designers and developers of information-processing computing systems, computer engineers play the leading role in the technological revolution propelling humanity’s adventure in the information age.
- Computer engineering is at work: securing the cyber-physical space, advancing communications with smartphones, improving farming or industrial processes by integrating Internet-of-things (IoT) devices, & leading the artificial intelligence (AI) revolution
Selected Employer Hiring PartnersIntel Aunalytics, Inc. D2S Inc IBM Intel Corporation Intellectual Ventures Mentor Graphics Microsoft Nirveda Cognition Inc SSR Labs Inc Stride.ai Inc Stryker Texas Instruments The MITRE Corporation TORC Robotics U.S. Department of Defense Uber
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in your career and we will make every effort to help you succeed. Feel free to contact Diedra Livingston, the program coordinator who works with the Computer Engineering program. You can access information about services through our web site at www.rit.edu/careerservices.
Rochester Institute of Technology . Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Bausch & Lomb Center
57 Lomb Memorial Drive . Rochester NY 14623-5603