Manufacturing and Mechanical Systems Integration MS
The MS in manufacturing and mechanical systems integration is designed for individuals who wish to achieve competence in mechanical or manufacturing engineering. The program combines engineering, business, and management functions to effectively guide and lead in a range of manufacturing enterprises.
- Master of Science
- Approximately 50 students enrolled in this program
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Co-op is optional for this program
- Minimum co-op requirement: N/A
- Co-op availability: N/A
Salary InformationCo-op: $23.92 $12.00 - $38.00
Student Skills & CapabilitiesDepending on student background and interest, special skills could include:
- Robotics and Automation
- Product Design and Development
- Design for Manufacturing & Assembly
- Systems Modeling & Simulation
- Project Management
- Operations Management
- Process Improvement
- Technology Management
- Controls for Manufacturing Automation
- Data Acquisition & System Integration
- Surface Mount Electronics Packaging, Materials & Processes
Equipment & FacilitiesState-of-the-art: Industrial Robots, Automation Work Cells, Controls Systems for Manufacturing Automation, and a fully automated Surface Mount Electronics Manufacturing & Assembly lab. All equipment is housed in University/Industry research labs that advance Product Design, Robotics, and Automation knowledge.
Job TitlesQuality Control Supervisor Senior Process Engineer Manufacturing Engineer 2 Process Engineer Mechanical Engineer Associate Packaging Engineer Production Planner Associate Equipment Engineer Associate Dimensional Engineer
- Overall job opportunities in engineering, manufacturing, across varies industries are excellent.
- Starting salaries are significantly higher than those of college graduates in other fields.
- Continuing education is critical for engineers wishing to enhance their value to employers as technology evolves.
Selected Employer Hiring PartnersAlstom Transportation, American Axle & Manufacturing, B. Braun Medical Inc., Borg Warner, Cummins Inc., DePuy Synthes, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Keurig, Kohler Company, Medtronic (formerly Covidien), Mercedes Benz Vans LLC, Micron Technology Inc., MKS INSTRUMENTS, Momentive Performance Materials, Navitar, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Robert Bosch LLC, Tesla Motors, Volvo Group North America
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in your career and we will make every effort to help you succeed. Feel free to contact Maureen Arquette, the career services coordinator who works with the Manufacturing and Mechanical Systems Integration program. You can access information about services through our web site at http://www.rit.edu/co-op/careers.
Rochester Institute of Technology . Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Bausch & Lomb Center
57 Lomb Memorial Drive . Rochester NY 14623-5603