Applied and Computational Mathematics MS
- Master of Science
- Approximately 19 students are enrolled in this program
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Co-op is optional for this program
- Minimum co-op requirement: N/A
- Co-op availability: N/A
Salary InformationCo-op: ID
Student Skills & CapabilitiesComputing
Software: Maple, Mathematica, MATLAB, Minitab
Programming Languages: C++, Java
Modeling physical systems
Note: Skill sets will vary depending on each student’s undergraduate education, work experience, and selected concentration area.
Equipment & FacilitiesStudents have access to programming, statistical and simulation languages, graphics software and design tools on a variety of platforms. Symbolic computation and statistical laboratories are also available.
Job TitlesSr. Project Manager, Sr. Software Tester, Image Science Engineer, Data Analytics Manager, Software Engineer
- Provides students with the capability to apply mathematical models and methods to study various problems that arise in industry and business, with an emphasis on developing computable solutions that can be implemented.
- Graduates work in areas such as: mathematical modeling and analysis of manufacturing, computer and communications systems; transportation optimization; financial mathematics; biological modeling; and consulting planning.
Selected Employer Hiring PartnersDaimer Trucks North America, Harris Corp, Overstock.com, CIGNA Healthcare, National Security Agency, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, University of Rochester, Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Microsoft
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in your career and we will make every effort to help you succeed. Feel free to contact Kris Stehler, the career services coordinator who works with the Applied & Computational Mathematics program. For your convenience, you can access information and services through our web site at www.rit.edu/careerservices.
Rochester Institute of Technology . Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Bausch & Lomb Center
57 Lomb Memorial Drive . Rochester NY 14623-5603