Building on recent advances in the molecular, cellular, and ecological disciplines, modern biology offers a rich framework that can launch your career or propel you to graduate, medical, veterinary, or pharmacy school.
- Bachelor of Science
- Approximately 60 students enrolled in this program
Cooperative Education & Experiential Education Component
- Co-op is optional for this program
- Minimum co-op requirement: 1 block, 12 weeks/semester
- Co-op availability: Second Year summer through Fourth Year fall
Salary InformationCo-op: ID
Student Skills & CapabilitiesStudents will start with foundation courses in biology, math, chemistry, and liberal arts and then they are immersed in the biological sciences, studying animals, micro-organisms, and plants at the level of molecules, cells, tissues, organisms, populations, and the environment. Students acquire a comprehensive set of practical skills, from the proper way to prepare cultures in the lab to the proper way to gather and analyze ecological data in the field.
Equipment & Facilities9 teaching laboratories
· 13 student/faculty research laboratories
· NYS-DOH certified animal facility
· Greenhouse and plant tissue culture facility
· Confocal Microscopy Laboratory Core Facility
· Next-Generation Sequencing platform
Job TitlesLab Technician, Specimen Processor, Assistant Director Animal Research Compliance, Geoscientist Intern, Pharmacy Technician, Clinical Research Scientist
- RIT biology students have co-oped for hospitals, wildlife centers, veterinary clinics, food companies, and pharmaceutical firms.
- In the College of Science, biology is something that students do, rather than something they merely learn. Courses present biology and the hands-on laboratory work and field experiences as it is done by career biologists.
Selected Employer Hiring Partners
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Genesis Laboratory Management, Partners Healthcare, ACM Medical Laboratory, Rochester Regional Health, ICON
Contact UsWe appreciate your interest in your career. We will make every effort to help you succeed. Call our office and ask to speak with Kris Stehler, the career services coordinator who works with the Biology program. For your convenience, you can access information and services through our web site at www.rit.edu/careerservices.
Rochester Institute of Technology . Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
Bausch & Lomb Center
57 Lomb Memorial Drive . Rochester NY 14623-5603