by Imran Mahmood, MBA student
- You will no longer have to deal with the treacherous MTA. If you have ever had the “privilege” of riding with the MTA then you know all about the infamous MTA delays. Well thankfully here at RIT you know longer have to deal with that! You’ll even be able to have your own seat(pretty sweet, right?) Would you believe there’s more? You’ll even be able to have room to breathe! Amazing, right?
- Miss all the sites and attractions at NYC? Well, Rochester is home to quite a few great ones. The Strong Museum of Play is home to the World Video Game Hall of Fame, the National Toy Hall of Fame, and houses many other great exhibits. This is is a great place to go if you want to feel like a kid again. If you’re into photography then I recommend the George Eastman Museum which is the world’s oldest photography museum! There’s also the Seneca Park Zoo which is 20 acres and has over 90 different species, including red pandas, elephants, and giraffes. You can also watch the Rochester Amerks, which is a minor league hockey team, play at the Blue Cross Arena.
- Tired of NYC traffic? Want to drive without feeling like an unwilling participant in the Fast and the Furious? Then Rochester is great for you. Gone are the days of waiting several minutes on the Long Island Expressway just to move a few inches. Thankfully, the roads here in Rochester are a lot less congested and the drivers are a lot less aggressive.
- Tired of walking through the concrete jungle and want to see some actual grass? Here in Rochester,
there are plenty of parks to visit with your friends and loved ones. My favorite park to visit is Highland Park. Highland Park is home to 500 varieties of flowering shrubs, a collection of exotic trees, 1200 lilac shrubs, the Lamberton Conservatory, and even a castle! I would definitely suggest checking out Highland Park, it’s not as big as Central Park but it is as exciting to visit. There are also other parks in Rochester that are worth checking out such as Genesee Valley Park and Corbett’s Glen Park.
- Okay, so maybe all of those great things I mentioned earlier aren’t enough. Maybe you want to see more. Well, guess what? Rochester is close to some other cool places to visit. Want to visit Canada? Well, Toronto is only about two and a half hours away from Rochester. This could be a great destination for a weekend trip. You could also visit Buffalo which is another great city to visit. If you’re an NFL or NHL fan the Buffalo Bills and Sabres are only about an hour away from Rochester. If you’re into theater, Shea’s Performing Arts Center is another great place to check out. There are many Broadway shows that are performed there, such as Aladdin and Hamilton! You’ll get Broadway-level performances for a lot less than you would pay in NYC.