I still remember the first time that I visited Niagara falls back in 2011. I was mesmerized by the size of the falls and its beauty. Those memories of falls made me want to visit falls again when I moved to Rochester for my graduate studies. Niagara falls is approximately an hour and a half drive from Rochester and with it being the largest waterfall in the world, we are fortunate to live this close to it. I have visited the Niagara Falls around four to five times in a semester and I can still go there for many more times. The beauty that the falls holds is beyond anyone’s imagination and being a student we all need a place where we can go and forget about all stress and heavy workload.
Recently, I visited Niagara Falls in mid-March. Although, the best time to visit Niagara falls would be during the summer and fall, this place its own beauty during the winter as well. I had always wanted to see how it is to see such gigantic fall frozen. Fortunately, this time I had an opportunity to visit Niagara in winters and as I expected, the visual that I could see in front of me was unbelievable. It was difficult to stand there in cold breeze but the view was so appealing that even in freezing cold temperature, a large number of tourists were at the Niagara falls.
Niagara Falls is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the summer. The falls is in the middle of Canada and the United States. So, on both sides of the falls, we can see the beautiful view of the other side of the falls. In the American side, there is a pretty park when we enter the Niagara Falls. There are flowers and bright green grass which makes the place even more beautiful. Along with the attractions, these are huge souvenir stores where you can find pretty much everything and they all are worth visiting. There are also many places to eat around there. Along with the falls, the Seneca resort and Casino is also one of the main attraction of this place.
Following are the best things to do at the Niagara Falls from the american side,
- Maid of the Mist boat tour: This is the only boat ride from american falls and the passengers can get a closer look of the falls.
- Cave of the Winds: This allows you to view the falls from the observation platforms and keeps you a little drier. This is the best experience of the American falls.
- Niagara Falls state park: This is one of the oldest state park and it gives a beautiful view of the falls and the lush green gardens.
- Observation Tower: This extends out from the American side and it is the only place from where both the American and the Canadian Falls can be viewed.
- Along with these attractions, there is Niagara fashion outlet very close by. This is the center of attraction for all college students because you can find all brand stores and the prices are very reasonable there.
All these attractions and beautiful falls makes Niagara Falls the perfect getaway for anyone.