Site-wide links

Rochester Institute of Technology logo

These materials are copyright Rochester Institute of Technology.

Copyright, disclaimer, and contact information, available via the links in the footer of our site.

Military & Veterans


verterans yellow ribbon

verterans club graphic

Using Benefits at RIT

Whether you are a new student to RIT or a returning student, we are here to answer your questions regarding VA benefits. The following information outlines the documents required in order to process VA Educational Benefits at RIT. Students must submit the appropriate paperwork to initiate, or continue, VA funding. Documents may be faxed (585-475-7164), scanned ( or dropped-off to the Veterans Services Office. We encourage you to contact our office should you have any questions.

New Students to RIT

All students applying to use military funding at RIT should already possess the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) confirming benefits. If you do not have this form, you will need to complete the VON APP (VA application for benefits) found on the VA website.  Once you have the Certificate of Eligibility and have been admitted to RIT, please fax/scan/drop-off the required documents to the Veterans Services Office at RIT.

If you are a Veteran, Servicemember, Active Duty Soldier, Dependent or Spouse using Chapters 30, 31, 35, 1606 or Post 9/11 AND are a new student at RIT the following documents must be submitted before benefits can be administered:

Returning RIT Students

If you received military benefits at RIT during the 2017-2018 academic year, the following documents must be submitted to the Veterans Services Office at RIT to ensure continuation of benefits in the 2018-2019 academic year: