- Be registered for full-time status (12 credit hours for undergraduate students and 9 credit hours for graduate students).
- Receive an offer of employment from an RIT employer
- Receive a Student Employment Job Verification Form from your employer
- Complete Section 1 of the government mandated I-9 form on-line at http://www.newi9.com. The Employer number is 15083. Section 1 of the I-9 Form must be completed prior to or no later than your first day of employment and prior to going to the Student Employment Office to complete Section 2 of the I-9.
- Go to the Student Employment Office with your Verification Slip and required documents to complete Section 2 of the I-9 Form on or before your first day of employment. You must submit original documentation, copies, emails, or photos cannot be accepted. Required I-9 Form documentation
If you are an International student, please refer to the section on Employment Eligibility for International Students.