Vision, Mission, Philosophy & History
As a collaborative community, the College of Engineering Technology (CET) will be a leader in innovative, interdisciplinary, and international career-focused education; experiential learning; applied research; and scholarship. We will apply our unique values to undergraduate and graduate programs in technology, service, and applied science, preparing individuals to thrive in and contribute to an ever-changing global society.
Through an education rooted in technology-based applications, CET prepares students to become successful professionals within a global society. CET leverages this through its:
- Faculty’s broad academic and industrial expertise that provides students with an educational experience rich in theory, enhanced by scholarship, and reinforced with meaningful application-based learning;
- Responsiveness to industry needs and global opportunities through incubation and implementation of innovative programs;
- Student-centered teaching that emphasizes: a) innovative, engaging, and challenging coursework; b) intellectually vibrant instruction; c) project-based learning; d) practical team interactions; e) student-industry cooperative experiences; and f) industrial, government, and academic partnerships that prepare students for immediate career success;
- Proactive and adaptive service systems that provide students with a flexible yet solid learning infrastructure;
- Leadership in global outreach development through engagement with industries, regions, and countries that advance our educational mission.
|Balance||We value the balance among teaching, scholarly activities, and service that capitalizes on the strengths and interests of the individual.|
|Experiential Learning||We embrace the philosophy and principles of experiential learning through the application of theoretical knowledge.|
|Innovation||We embrace and encourage innovative curricula, teaching techniques, student discovery, entrepreneurial activities, and international outreach.|
|Collaboration||We pursue partnerships with industry, government, education, and alumni.|
|Student-centeredness||We promote a student-focused environment through personal and professional interactions among students, faculty and staff.|
|Diversity||We recognize and embrace individual diversity. We are an inclusive community of scholars.|
|Tradition||We embrace the tradition of career- focused education and core values of RIT; through the integrity of our curriculum and instruction, we instill these values in our students.|